Some bits and pieces about this girl:
- more teeth are making their way through the gums: 7 visible + more that look to be poking through.
- she tries to give kisses. She either makes the kissing sound or she’ll lean in to receive a kiss. She doesn’t know to do both at once.
- she’s in between size 6-12 and 12-18 clothes. Most 12-18 pants are too big on her.
- she’s self feeding 95 percent of the time. We only spoon feed her things she can’t feed herself yet – like yogurt, applesauce.
- she can be a finicky eater. She’ll love something the first time she eats it (scrambled eggs, hot dog) but then won’t touch it if served it again. She loves ham, peas, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, guacamole, pretzels, chicken, pork, fruit, yogurt and applesauce. She self feeds everything except food that requires a spoon like applesauce and yogurt. She’s drinking water out of a sippy cup and looks cute doing it, especially if it’s a big sippy cup. She can sometimes get liquid out of a straw cup. She still will not take milk out of a cup which is a little frustrating.
- she tries to color with a crayon if you give her one (we’ve learned to pick them up quickly if they fall to the ground because otherwise, watch out for our walls!)
- she is still throwing fits when I change her diapers or try to change her clothes. She screams and fights me when I lay her down to do these things 90 percent of the time. It doesn’t seem to matter if I put her on the change table or the floor; or if I try to give her a toy to distract her; or if I have Mallory try to distract her. She just hates it when I change her. However, 90 percent of the time, if Jonathan changes her, she’s all smiles and is fine with it. Every once and awhile she’ll throw a fit for him, but not often.
- give her a container and she’ll put something in it. She loves finding a small thing to put in a bigger thing. This means we’ve found odd bits here and there around the house (random toys in bathroom drawers, boxes filled with little goodies).
- she does this funny thing when she tries to walk fast. She’ll jut her neck and head out in front of her body and her arms angle backward from her body. I need to get a good picture of this.
I’m sure there is more, but I need to get this posted since she’s already 14 months old…