I am finally getting around to creating a post about Chelsea’s 12th month — she’s ONE! She is still a really sweet baby and her personality is really starting to come out. Here are some points of interest:
- she’s FINALLY consistently sleeping through the night. YAY!
- she likes feeding herself finger food. And the foods she likes are guacamole (us feeding her), cheerios, pretzels, ham, ground beef, eggs (!she’s not allergic!), crackers, peaches, applesauce, soy yogurt (we haven’t tried dairy products with her yet), melon, peas, corn, and probably most of what we put in front of her unless it is squishy like bananas or avocado (weird that she doesn’t like avocado, but loves guac??).
- she will drink water out of a sippy cup, but not milk. She makes a really funny face and refuses it when she tastes it. We’ll just have to keep trying. Until then, she is still nursing several times a day usually before sleep time.
- she takes 2 solid naps a day (2 hours each) if our schedule permits us to be home most of the day. And she does fine if she has to miss a nap due to us being out and about.
- she will throw a fit if I set her down before she is ready; I can be sitting right beside her on the floor and she’ll still throw a fit (screams LOUDLY and is furious). Her fits don’t last long though.
- Her skin is about the same as it’s been. She has more dry, rough, sore spots on her face now though.
- she loves interacting with Mallory. They have started to play together a little where it’s real interacting and not just aggravating each other. Precious.
- if she has something in her hand and is carrying it around and you take it away from her = huge fit.
- her hair is SLOWLY growing… it seems shorter than Mal’s was at this age. It is looking lighter though, like she might be blonde. It has a slight curl to it too, from what we can tell.
- she has 2 blankets that are her lovees. She snuggles with them in bed. And when she’s being silly, we can walk in after she’s woken up from a nap and one will be on her head. She likes putting things on her head.
- she is a master walker. Once she started in November, she hasn’t slowed down. She’s small for her age (25%tile in height and weight, ~90%tile for head circ), so she looks young to be walking so agilely.
- she has 5 teeth in, with at least 2 more on the way, poking their way out of her gums.
I love this age of baby/toddlerhood. She’s so pure and innocent. And she’s a relatively easy baby, so we are truly enjoying this stage. Happy 12 months Chelsea!